Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Utah top 5

So my trip to Utah has come to end. Shortly I will be leaving to the Salt Lake City airport and hopefully (crossing fingers) getting a tasty airport Bloody Mary (I know they keep two bars somewhere in the Salt Lake City Airport to make a good impression on people arriving in Utah).

Here are my top 5 Utah moments:

1. Crashing a snowmobile into a boulder.


Riding snowmobiles is a fucking blast, until you crash it into a boulder. I was trying to avoid a group of snowmobile riders who took a break in the middle of the trail. I went on the side of the trail and the fresh powder sucked me and the 850 pound snowmobile into a boulder. I had to bail of the machine in order to not die. The snowmobile survived with only a broken windshield. Good times.

2. Hanging out with my Dad

Me and the old man just don't get to see each other that often. So it was really great to drink beer at 9000 ft. and chain smoke with him all week long. He even gave me fatherly advice, which was pretty cool.

3. Wandering through a house worth 30 million dollars.

This house belongs to a guy named Meta. He was Richard Petty's manager, owned a portion of ford leasing and is real estate developer in PA. This house is ridiculous.

4. Seeing the house I grew up in

I grew up in this little house on Main Street in Park City, UT. I used to have to shovel my way out, to walk down the street and catch a bus to school in the winter. The snow here sucks to have to shovel, but is the best to ride on.

5. Scones

Scones are these tasty deep fried pastries and I love them. They serve them in all the cafes here. I like mine with butter and honey. Mmmmmm.....scone.


So I come home for two days and then leave for tour in Texas. Hopefully the Texas top five will be a little more exciting and involve some BBQ. Peace out party people there is a plane and a Bloody Mary calling my name.




2 comments:

anthony said...

just because you are not in utah doesn't mean you can't blog

Frowning Bill said...

Texas Top 5!